WeBuilder LI keyboard shortcut

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

WeBuilder LI keyboard shortcut

Postby garethjmsaunders » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:15 pm

Hi, I've just made the switch from 1st Page 2000 to WeBuilder 2005 having checked out RapidCSS in .net magazine (issue #144) and am loving it so far. I've been evaluating the latest Beta from Evrsoft of First Page 2006 and I'm not that impressed, to be honest. I've finally made the switch after five or six years.

I'm currently customizing my keyboard shortcuts and I see that I can assign keys to OL and UL, but there doesn't appear to be a LI option. I used to us this quite a bit while editing lists in 1st Page 2000. Is it available? Could it be available in future versions?

Gareth
garethjmsaunders

Postby Karlis » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:31 am

You can use the Library feature to create any custom codes snippet and assign a shortcut to it.

Use Options -> Edit Library -> Add Snippet , enter the <li> or <li> and </li> if this is better for you and assign a shortcut.

You can do this for whatever piece of code you need! :wink:
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Thank you so much!

Postby garethjmsaunders » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:00 pm

Thank you so much. I'm discovering that WeBuilder 2005 is so much better than I could possibly hope for. Fantastic!

Gareth
garethjmsaunders

Postby syrupcore » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:41 pm

Snippets+shortcuts rule. I use a bunch of these sorts of snippets. for li, ul, p, a, span...

usually it's ctrl+alt for the straight tag wrap and ctrl+alt+shift for the tag wrap with a class inserted like:

ctrl+alt+L inserts (or wraps):
Code: Select all
<li></li>

and ctrl+alt+shft+L inserts (or wraps):
Code: Select all
<li class=""></li>

if only I could add the windows key to keyboard shortcuts I could make it ask for class name as well... :) Digidesign ProTools is the only program I know of that uses the Windows Key for shortcuts. Might be an accessibility issue but I love it.

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:30 pm

For all those features, the number of available key combinations gets less and less... :)
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby syrupcore » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:58 am

Karlis wrote:For all those features, the number of available key combinations gets less and less... :)

I know. it sucks! We're stuck with a 125 year old input interface (typewriter) and and 60 year old output interface (TV). Really seems to be the bottleneck in actually doing something amazing with a computer.

Of course, when I get this, I'll be a little happier.

Seriously though Karlis, as a programmer, can you explain to me why more programs dont use the windows key? Does MS frown upon it? Is it hard to program? This isn't a webuilder question, just a general geeky questions.

Thanks,
Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests