Code sharing

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Code sharing

Postby Elygen » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:53 am

How about a place on this forum where people can share library snippets others might find useful.
Elygen

Code sharing

Postby markd » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:56 am

I'll second that.
markd

Postby Karlis » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:37 pm

Yes, snippet sharing is one of the ideas that we would like to make reality, it was already suggested some time ago.

Currently we are very overloaded with finishing version 2006, but I hope that after it is released, the amounts of new feature suggestions would decrease and we will have time to execute the snippet sharing system project.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Elygen » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:33 pm

for now couldn't we just post the code in this thread
Last edited by Elygen on Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elygen

Postby syrupcore » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:23 pm

wiki! :D

little to zero admin time.

Elygen, just start using a single thread if you'd like. I'll add some stuff. it can be farmed later for the wiki!

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby syrupcore » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:15 am

oh wow. I just looked and see that the snippets are stored in an XML file. Two thoughts/questions:

Could we import another users snippets file? Or, slightly hacky, copy and paste a section of some one else's file into our own? Of course, made easier by webuilders xml hightlighting.

Could the xml files be parsed into some sort of snippet repository automagically? I wish I knew how to do this sorta stuff or had the time to figure it out.

Until then, copy and paste into a thread... I started one a while ago. I'll bump it.

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests