Cursor Sensitive Preview Switch -- And Find Question

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Cursor Sensitive Preview Switch -- And Find Question

Postby ScotDiddle » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:01 pm

Good Morning Karlis,

While in Preview Mode, I would like to see cursor selection intelligence built into the program.... If I focus on a word or field, then switch back to code mode, I would like the cursor to point to the code represented by the mouse-click I made while in preview mode.

Along the same line, it would be nice if a block selected in Preview mode would have it's corresponding code selected once you have switched back to code mode, ala FireFox Browser View Selected Source.

Also, FIND TEXT STRING does not work while in preview mode. I would like to see that fixed.

Thanks for a great Product, and Great Support.

Scot L. Diddle, Richmond VA
...No Digital... None of the Time...
ScotDiddle

Postby Karlis » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:58 pm

Currently we are not able to implement Code editor cursor / Preview synch, because it seems technically impossible. We just do not know how to do this (for now).

As for the searching function, it is intended to work only within code editor. If you need a search function for the Preview, please use the external browser preview.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Working Example

Postby phpkid » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:21 pm

Hi,

I like this idea about the smart cursor. There is a freeware program that has this feature. This program is not in any way as sophisticated as WeBuilder, but the smart cursor thing is included. The program is called Alleycode, the website is: http://www.alleycode.com/. So this can work. Please give it a try.

Best regards
phpkid
phpkid

Afterthoughts

Postby phpkid » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:26 pm

Hi again,

some additional informations, Alleycode is not very stable, it runs only for a few minutes on my notebook, no problem on the desktop. The notebook is newer and has all Microsoft XP updates.

The other point, it looks like Alleycode doesn't use the Internet Explorer for preview. Looks like it has a browser of it's own. This could help! But this browser isn't very sophisticated. But for finding text it's okay.

Best regards
phpkid
phpkid

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests