Support for Ruby on Rails

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Support for Ruby on Rails

Postby ralph76 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:58 pm

Support for .rhtml and .rb would be amazing! At least syntax highlighting would be a great addition.
Cheers, Ralph
ralph76

Postby syrupcore » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:38 am

I'm about 47 years from understanding the power of Ruby on Rails at all but as it appears anything amazing these days is being developed via ruby on rails, it seems like a wise thing to implement.

www.37signals.com, just in case.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:38 pm

Please help me quickstart. What is it? :roll:
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby ralph76 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:27 pm

Karlis,

take a look at Ruby on Rails. It is a useful framework for creating web-applications, written in Ruby, an object-oriented scripting language.

In fact you would need to create two syntax highlighters: one for Ruby files (.rb) and one for embedded Ruby (.rhtml). The latter is plain html with marked up Ruby code in it.

Simple project management with syntax highlighting for both data types would already be more than enough (for me at least).
Cheers, Ralph
ralph76

I'll second the request...

Postby printmkr » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:41 am

for simple Ruby support!
printmkr

Postby syrupcore » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:59 pm

some more RonR links karlis...

http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails - official wiki
http://www.digitalmediaminute.com/artic ... -tutorials a good list of tutorials
http://osdir.com/Article6677.phtml is a link to the Orielly/Google Open Source Awards announcement where the creator of Rails won hacker of the year for 2005.

I'm sure it's too late for v1 of 2006 but I really think Webuilder would turn a few heads if it had ruby (and ruby on rails) support. If for no other reason than it's hot right now. I realize ASP and Java have a larger market share at this point but Java programmers are fleeing to RonR for so much of their work. It's not java, and can't do all of what java can do but (appearantly) it can do 80% of it and 10% of the time.

2 cents,
will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:34 pm

This is something that we could take as the next step after version 2006 is released. I will think about it.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests