HTMLPad2005 - MultiLine Replace

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

HTMLPad2005 - MultiLine Replace

Postby DOR » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:56 am

I am a big fan of html ... apart from one annoying thing. I cant do a multiline find a replace properly. It allows me to select multilines but not copy and past into the replace box the code I want to replace. This problem keeps sending me to Dreamweaver MX when i prefer to use HTML Pad. Please fix it!
DOR

Postby syrupcore » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:51 am

?

I do this all the time. In the replace dialog box, did you click on the 'Multi Line' button below the 'replace all' button?

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby DOR » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:03 pm

Yes.. but the problem isn't with the finding the multiline it is with replacing. For example, I have side navigation tabs in a <div></div> on all pages of a site. I want to replace them all. I can find them all but what I would like to be able to do is to paste into the replace box the replacement text rather than having to manually type it in. The reason? I will have checked one page against various validators and when the fix is working, I then implement the change across the entire site. Copy typing into the replace box is tedious but also brings up errors through mistakes in the copying process.

Add it to my wish list and HTML will beat any other editor out there.
DOR

Postby syrupcore » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:29 pm

the replace box is modal. you can copy something and paste it into the FIND box then, while the replace box is still open, copy something else and paste it into the REPLACE box.

so yes, webuilder beats any other editor out there. ;)

Will

PS. I'm gonna sneak a feature request in here... It'd be cool to be able to stretch or some how set the size of the multiline boxes when dealing with large chunks of code. webuilder 2008 maybe? :)
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Bendis » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:16 am

syrupcore wrote:It'd be cool to be able to stretch or some how set the size of the multiline boxes when dealing with large chunks of code.

Great idea :idea: I could need this, too ;)
Bendis

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests