File Browser Drag & Drop

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

File Browser Drag & Drop

Postby donull » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:31 am

Ok, i made a quick search and couldn't find anything about this. I noticed that you can drag&drop a file from windows explorer to the Rapid PHP stage, and the file will load. But if you try to drag & drop a file from the filebrowser it's disable.

IMHO when you create a file browser it should be able to do things as if you were working directly on the OS file browser system. ( i know it can be opened with rightclick menu)

I read a post of someone asking about the F2 (rename) feature, that's also included in my suggestion.

thanks.
donull

Postby mwb1100 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:09 pm

I just want to bump this feature request and add my vote to it.

It's unexpected and annoying when I drag and drop from the file browser and all that happens is the filename gets entered into whatever file is currently being edited.

Thanks.
mwb1100

Postby Karlis » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:37 am

Why can't you just double-click the file in the File Explorer, it is faster than dragging it anywhere. Isn't it?

It is currently implemented in a way that many other customers have requested. I do agree, however, that when it is dragged to non-editor (gray application workspace), it should open the file instead of displaying no-sign.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby mwb1100 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:25 am

Karlis wrote:Why can't you just double-click the file in the File Explorer, it is faster than dragging it anywhere. Isn't it?

It's not so much a matter of speed - it's a matter of habit.

It seems that most editors accept drag-n-drop to open files, and WeBuilder does this just fine when the file comes from Windows Explorer.

In fact, I did not know that double-click would open the file! When something doesn't work like I first guess, I usually move on to right-click context menus, so that's what I ended up doing.
mwb1100

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests