Text to variable tool

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Anyone else find this useful?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes : 3

Text to variable tool

Postby battalion » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:23 am

I am constantly using the convert text to Echo or print option within Webbuilder. is there a way to add an option into that screen to have it output the text to a variable?

right now I do the conversion into an echo then do a find & replace for echo (\" and replace with $variablenamehere .=
battalion

Postby syrupcore » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:49 pm

I didn't even know that feature existed. that's neat. you can sort of do what you want with a snippet. it wont do any of the \n escapes for you though. like:

Insert before caret
<?php %[Enter Variable Name:]%

Insert after caret:
; ?>

might save you some time, sometimes.

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests