Detachable preview, caret on preview where caret on edit

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Detachable preview, caret on preview where caret on edit

Postby wedb » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:20 pm

I like the "internal" preview, it is fast and refresh automatically but since I have a laptop with a dual screen (fairly common nowdays) I would like to have the preview detachable (outside the editing window) so I can put the preview into another screen.

If I have a web page that does not fit into a screen I have to scroll manually each time every time I change the content. It would be great if the caret/cursor on the preview was in the same "location" as the editing cursor.
wedb

Postby syrupcore » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:01 am

hey, I have the same setup (laptop...). I dont really use the internal preview but I can see why that'd be cool. Until then, you might try what I do. I just keep firefox and IE open in the other monitor. then to preview, it's just: ctrl+s, ctrl+tab, ctrl+r (save, switch to browser, refresh file)

now the smart caret would make me consider using webuilder's internal preview. that's a really neat idea.

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

very good idea

Postby phpkid » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:46 pm

I think I would want to have this too. It would make life on larger pages much easier. It will help to edit text much faster.

I already liked this idea with "alleycode", another html editor. But to have this with a very good html and php editor would be simply great!

Please implement this!

Best regards
phpkid
phpkid

Postby Karlis » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:29 pm

I am afraid this is technically not possible, at least right now in the context of current architecture, however I would like to suggest you try the external preview and move the web browser window to the second monitor, that could work.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Bendis » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:25 am

Hi,

i use two monitors, too.

Here's the way i preview document:

Firefox is my default browser, it's always open on my 2nd monitor. In HTMLPad, i press F2 for preview, then i use the Firefox extension "IE Tab".

It's a little button at the status bar and it loads the page inside Firefox, using the IE rendering engine. Click again, and it switches back to FF engine. It's a fast way to test both browsers :)

This is a great tool for web developers, since you can easily see how your webpage displayed in IE with just one click and then switch back to Firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&id=1419
Bendis

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests