Javascript es6 support

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Javascript es6 support

Postby erikno » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:01 pm

Hello, I really enjoy using your webuilder and am currently working
on Javascript es6.
Do you plan a support in the next release. I mean, for example, folding etc for template literals.

Stay healthy
erikno

es6 support folding and

Postby erikno » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:33 pm

To describe my wish a little better, I add these lines of code and the desire to support:
    - Code intelligence (code completion, suggestion features, ... ) in template literals like style.textContent = ` ... `
    - syntax highlighting
    - folding of template literals ` ... `;
in the template literal style.textContent = ` ... `
Code: Select all
class PopUpInfo extends HTMLElement { // Create a class for the element   
   constructor() { super(); // Always call super first in constructor
      var shadow = this.attachShadow( { mode: 'open' } ); // Create a shadow root     
      var style = document.createElement('style'); // Create some CSS to apply to the shadow dom

// I would like to fold this block, and in this block I would like support for completion, highlighting, etc.
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          style.textContent = `.wrapper   {  position: relative; }
                               .info      {  background: white; border: 1px solid black;
                                             display: inline-block; font-size: 0.8rem;
                                             opacity: 0; padding: 10px; position: absolute; left: 10px;
                                             transition: 0.6s all; width: 200px; z-index: 3; }
                                img       {  width: 1.2rem }
                                .icon:hover + .info, .icon:focus + .info { opacity: 1; }`;
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and in the resulting custom tag eg:
Code: Select all
<my-popupinfo id = "a12" style = "font-size: ....."> </my-popupinfo>

I wish you all a nice advent
erikno

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests