character encoding

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

character encoding

Postby trotter » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:48 pm

i think it will be nice if you could add the posibility to save the files in a specific character encoding.

For example i create sites in different exotic languages (japanese, russian) and because i can't see the fonts on that page makes my job more difficult and urge me to use another editor (for example editplus 2.21 has this function very well implemented.)

I think if you can make possibile to set any font as default for editing and saving that file in the specific character encoding wil lreally make the htmlpad the best html editor ever existed :)
The Artist IS always right.
trotter

Postby Karlis » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:50 pm

In version 2006 you will be able to use utf-8 which solves the encoding problems.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby trotter » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:14 pm

Thank you for your quick answer :)
I was trying to ask if you're able to add more than utf-8 encoding.

Yes, theoretically adding utf-8 solves most of my problems. But what's happening when i receive a file encoded different?.
trotter

Postby trotter » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:13 pm

bump!
trotter

Postby Karlis » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:33 pm

If the file is encoded in the same encoding as system default, nothing bad happens. However other exotic encodings will not be supported in version 2006. Maybe in later editions.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests