Save panels layout

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Save panels layout

Postby midipixel » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:57 am

Hello Aivars and team.

I just posted my workflow on the Web Developer talk section of this forum. You'll notice that I use a pretty unorthodox panel arrangement. My problem is that every time I close the program, I don't have a way to save my preferred panel layout. So I have to reassemble it all over again.

So I suggest that either:

A) Rapid PHP automatically saves the last panel layout and load it as the program opens.
B) It offers a way to save the current "panel state" in an external file, just like the "Save a list of open files" feature.

I'd really rather have option A, though. At least as a flag on preferences.

Thanks!
midipixel

Re: Save panels layout

Postby Aivars » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:56 am

I saw the post and I understand your issue. I don't think we could ever make it so that it saves/restores Inspect Element part of your workflow, or the preview location, as these are not really part of layout, but we will consider saving/restoring the layout of document tabs when possible. I believe this has been asked before and is in the requests list.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Save panels layout

Postby midipixel » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:46 pm

Understood, Aivars.

Well, saving the layout of the panels would already be an improvement. Thanks for adding that to the feature list. :wink:
midipixel

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests