Ctrl+Del

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Ctrl+Del

Postby markd » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:32 pm

Is there a reason why Ctrl+Del doesn't behave as expected by deleting 1-word chunks at a time. Ctrl+Y, I notice, behaves in a standard way by deleting a line or lines. Why not Ctrl+Del?

Hmmmm

markd
markd

Postby syrupcore » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:51 am

I'm surprised to find that ctrl+Y deletes a sentence. That's a nice one. Isn't it a little dangerous considering how many programs still use CTRL+Y as Redo?
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby daveporter » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:35 pm

Hi Mark,

Try control + backspace.

( I always thought this was the standard "delete word to the left of the cursor" key)

I just tried it in OpenOffice 2.01 and Word 2000 and control + backspace deletes a word but control + delete appears to do nothing !

HTH - Dave Porter
daveporter

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests