HTMLPad 2022 vs Dreamweaver

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

HTMLPad 2022 vs Dreamweaver

Postby davidhelp » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:59 am

I just wanted to say I tried out Dreamweaver over the weekend and was disappointed in it. It had hardly any ability to modify the toolbar. You can only add one extra toolbar and it hardly has any commands. They want you to use shortcuts and go to the File, Edit, View etc which slows things down. You can use the side panel> Insert tab but it is clumsy.
The code text is not dark but looks like they use a % to make the colors of the text lighter making harder to read. Did not see how to change that in Preferences.
The panels on the right side are small and it looks like you cannot break them apart and drag them out in the CSS Designer tab to make it easier to see everything so lots of scrolling in a small space. You can breakout the other tabs. They have a split screen too. You cannot even drag an image onto the Live panel or the code.
Dreamweaver cost $21 a month every month!

The only advantage is being able to write on the Live panel.
https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/dreamweaver/using/dreamweaver-workflow-workspace/jcr%3Acontent/main-pars/image/defaultworkspace.png.img.png

Otherwise HTMLPad 2022 has a much better layout making it so much better. You are able to drag an image in the code section with the code inserted for you.
Easy to configure and read the text in the code view. Cost is onetime $39.95
davidhelp

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests