Preview Window Can't Handle Fast Frame Delays

Post your questions and problem reports here

Preview Window Can't Handle Fast Frame Delays

Postby Uberskunk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:36 pm

I'm trying out this program to replace my very old one but I'm having kind of a major issue. I've noticed that seemingly the fastest the preview window can read a frame delay is 0.06 seconds. Anything below that displays the same as 0.06. This is a problem for me as many of my animations use 0.05 or 0.03 frame delays. I can preview in the browser but in addition to how much of a pain it is to compile it each and every time to do it and wait for it to finish, I know that browsers display my animations faster than they should. I use the animations in different programs where the exact speed is desired.

So my question is if there's anyt fix for this, if it's related to the trial version, or something like that. Otherwise I'm afraid it's going to be a deal breaker and I'll just stick with my old animator.

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide.
Uberskunk

Re: Preview Window Can't Handle Fast Frame Delays

Postby Aivars » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:08 pm

We'll look into it, thanks for reporting. There are/were some browsers where this delay is the minimum, too, but we will do more some testing and figure out if the minimum should be lowered to match the modern browsers.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Preview Window Can't Handle Fast Frame Delays

Postby Uberskunk » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:24 am

Aivars wrote:We'll look into it, thanks for reporting. There are/were some browsers where this delay is the minimum, too, but we will do more some testing and figure out if the minimum should be lowered to match the modern browsers.

Thanks for following up with me. In my experience, the browsers I've used seem to be unable to handle frames faster than 0.03. Though like I said, I use the animations in other applications that allow for the exact speed and those projects are specifically timed to that.

If you guys end up with an updated version that speeds up the preview's frame delay (or perhaps offers the option to cap it yourself to suit your needs, sort of like PC games that let you cap the frame rate) I'd love to know about it. I'd be willing to buy the full version if the preview speed is improved in a later version of the software.

Thanks!
Uberskunk

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support