*Fixes bug with Capitalize
*Fixes bug with settings import
*Improves code collapse a tiny bit
*Fixes crash with Macro recording
*Fixes some other crashes
*Possibly fixes some problems with menu/toolbar painting
*Fixes problems with non-English characters / syntax highlighting
*There are other minor tweaks and fixes

Please continue sending in bug-reports...
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: Update: 2014 Beta6

Postby Kise » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:46 pm

the "create new file in FTP" bug still exists in B6, i reported this problem in beta2/3 and yet to be fixed.

http://oi49.tinypic.com/15dnha9.jpg
Kise

Postby garethjmsaunders » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:20 pm

COLOUR PICKER
I'm still having trouble with the color pickers, both within the editor and within Options > Preferences > Text Editor > Colors. For example, if I delete the current value on the color picker then enter #123 it immediately autocompletes to #112233. It's not just for hex values that I'm experiencing odd behaviour, it's also rgb: if I want white, for example rgb(255,255,255) it will only allow me to enter rgb(255,255,2 before it autocompletes and adds a final ')' resulting in rgb(255,255,2) which is yellow not white.

MONOKAI THEME
Also, Karlis, did you receive the Monokai theme I sent you? I wasn't entirely certain that it sent successfully. You can download it from Dropbox here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1778315/webuil ... onokai.xsc

I'd appreciate if others could test it too -- particularly the languages that I don't code in, such as .NET, Ruby, C#, Python, etc.

WeBuilder 2014 is looking really good so far. Great work from you and your team.
garethjmsaunders

Postby ttx » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:22 pm

Also these are still present: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5933 (please fix the second, the first is not important)

Thank you
ttx

Postby gemini190647 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:15 am

I am usually a very patient man ... I also know you guys are probably quite busy trying to remove all bugs from WeBuilder 2014...

I have sent 3 messages to Blumentals support concerning what I think are major bugs in my install of WeBuilder 2014 ... and yet, I have received neither an acknowledgement nor a reply ... in my previous dealings with Blumentals, your support has been prompt and efficient, better than that!

Since I have tried WeBuilder 2014 (I think I might have started with beta 2 - I just installed beta 6), I have lost the use of 'Ctrl-Tab' to move between one tab and another - on the betas, what 'Ctrl-Tab' does is the same the 'Tab' key, it just indents.

My job requires me to compare scripts/templates, side-by-side, and the new series of WeBuilder 2014 has removed that facility - how can I test the new beta releases if I cannot use WeBuilder as I used to?

Another annoying bug has been that WeBuilder 2014 will not save keyboard shortcuts.

I might be the only one with those problems ... and to me, they are problems!

Just to be sure it was not a simple problem/quirk with my computer, I completely installed WeBuilder 2014 beta 4, deleted every files and every directories, before installing WeBuilder 2014 beta 5 - both problems were still there - I have installed WeBuilder 2014 beta 6, and the problems are still there!

If there is an option or a switch to control the action of the 'Ctrl-Tab' key somewhere, I did not find it.

I have had no major problem, none whatsoever, with WeBuilder 2011 ... other than some times it would not close completely or properly ... thus displaying a warning message when restarted ... not a problem that prevented me from using WeBuilder 2011.

I would like to apologise to the users for my rant...

Sincerely, Ray.
gemini190647

Postby Aivars » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:30 am

Ray,

how did you send us these messages? I can't find any of them. I wish we had received them because Ctrl + Tab bug must be fixed asap.

Regarding not saving shortcuts, that's something specific to you and you will need to work with support to resolve this.

Please resend the messages and let me know how you sent them so that we can test that the particular e-mail address or web form works.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Aivars » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Kise wrote:the "create new file in FTP" bug still exists in B6, i reported this problem in beta2/3 and yet to be fixed.

http://oi49.tinypic.com/15dnha9.jpg

We mistook your report for another bug that has been fixed (pressing New File in FTP Open dialog didn't work). Turns out those are complete unrelated. We will fix this.
Aivars

Postby Aivars » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 pm

ttx wrote:Also these are still present: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5933 (please fix the second, the first is not important)

Thank you

I know that Karlis worked on the 1st one. About 2nd one... the problem is that PHP block might be huge and implementing correct behaviour (assuming the tag is not started by the php block's output) might cause performance issues in some cases. We will consider this problem but probably not for the first release of 2014 version - it might come in one of the updates.
Aivars

Postby mapleleaf » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:11 pm

As mentioned in forum post viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5936 the compression of a CSS file that contains vendor keyframes works great.

Yet, if there is 'inline CSS' that contain vendor keyframes then like beta5, beta6 crashes.

Should not one be able to compress inline CSS as well?

http://www.starbase-alpha.com
mapleleaf

Postby Aivars » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:25 pm

mapleleaf wrote:Yet, if there is 'inline CSS' that contain vendor keyframes then like beta5, beta6 crashes.

Should not one be able to compress inline CSS as well?

Indeed it does. I'll add this to the list.
Aivars

Postby XC87 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:39 pm

I will be very grateful if you make opening ftp file for editing if i write some command line like this

rapidphp.exe -f user:pass@hosting.com /public_html/index.php
XC87

Postby Karlis » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:59 pm

gemini190647 wrote:I have lost the use of 'Ctrl-Tab' to move between one tab and another.

We did not do this to hurt you, really... :oops: Everybody is getting this back in Beta7 ;-)

gemini190647 wrote:Another annoying bug has been that WeBuilder 2014 will not save keyboard shortcuts.

Can you please search your drive for keyboard.ini, it might be under ... C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Blumentals\WeBuilder\settings

If you find the file, let us know in what folder did you find it and check if it is writeable and also check if it changes after you change shortcuts and close WeBuilder.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Karlis » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:44 pm

garethjmsaunders wrote:MONOKAI THEME

Thanks!!!

Did not get the file. I was actually going to contact you and ask for it, but you came out first.

p.s. Color picker weirdness confirmed and is being fixed.

p.p.s. Gareth, your Monokai job is great, I will even give you a free upgrade.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby mapleleaf » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:32 pm

[quote="Aivars"][quote="mapleleaf"]Yet, if there is 'inline CSS' that contain vendor keyframes then like beta5, beta6 crashes.

Should not one be able to compress inline CSS as well?[/quote]

Indeed it does. I'll add this to the list.[/quote]

thanks works like a charm in beta7
mapleleaf

Postby gemini190647 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:11 pm

[quote from "Karlis"]If you find the file, let us know in what folder did you find it and check if it is writeable and also check if it changes after you change shortcuts and close WeBuilder.

Karlis, I know where the 'keyboard.ini' (keyboard shortcut) file is. Since I am working on a Windows 7 Pro based computer, by default, very few of the files are write protected.

As I just explained to Aivars, WeBuilder 2011 has no (and never had any) problem reading from and writing to that file - but WeBuilder 2014 cannot write to the file - when WeBuilder 2014 is exited and restarted, the just saved keyboard shortcuts are not available...

Just in case you were going to ask ... I am NOT running WeBuilder 2011 and WeBuilder 2014 simultaneously or at the same time. ;)
gemini190647

Next

Return to Announcements