Update: 2014 Beta7

New release and update announcements

Re: Update: 2014 Beta7

Postby gemini190647 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:15 pm

Might it be possible that some program icons for file extension are missing - such as for '.aspx', '.cs', '.js', '.rhtml', '.vbs' and '.wml' ?

Looking at the Windows 7 'Default Programs' -> 'Associate a file type or protocol with a program', the above file extensions only show a generic Windows icon - the same file extensions are not displayed any icon in both my file browsers.
gemini190647

Postby Karlis » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Yes, we did not bother with less used extensions, they all have common blank icon. I will make it look the same as other extensions just with "..." in the place of extension to signify that this file is associated with our code editor but it is one of the "other less important types".

Of the mentioned, JS should have its own icon though, unless you have "customized" or broken something.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Karlis » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Usually I use Alt Gr+E for € but now it doesn't work anymore, even if it hasn't any shortkey assigned.

I'm afraid that WeBuilder currently have no special support for separate AltGr and separate Alt+Ctrl, also on many keyboards there isn't even such key so Ctrl+Alt => AltGr (not the other way though). This is why in Windows using up Ctrl+Alt uses up AltGr. There are hundreds of possible key combos, you can simply pick another one for this occasion.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Steve(spt) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:34 pm

Is there a way I can add *.zip file extension to the open file window?

Example: I often (daily) add *.zip files to a href tag I have to fine the files using the 'All Files .*. ' option, alsowould it be possible for the the open dialogue window to remember the last file choice?

Is there a setting I've missing for the above - sorry if I have would you mind pointing me to it?
Steve(spt)

Postby ana-gandi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:27 pm

I installed Beta6 on a USB device for testing; it looks good. I cannot wait to test out Beta7. :D

By the way, a friend of mine gave me an Apple iMac, but I found out WeBuilder doesn't work on Mac computer; it'd be great if you made WB available on MacBooks and iMacs, too. ^.^
Last edited by ana-gandi on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ana-gandi

Postby gemini190647 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:16 pm

Karlis, how about using a generic blue 'W' to indicate the files have been associated with WeBuilder - I think this was the way it was done with WeBuilder 2011.

As for the files with the '.js' extension ... just to confirm, they have a Windows generic white icon (just checked with two shareware file browsers and with Microsoft Explorer) - nothing to indicate the files are of the JavaScript type nor that the files are associated with WeBuilder.
gemini190647

Postby entropie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Hello,

I have two bugs, not so critical, but a little bit annoying, to report you :

1) Keys combination Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn raises an exception. Of course, it is still possible to continue, with obvious side effect. But a little bit surprising...

2) It is impossible to type in "search for:" field of "Find" function (Ctrl+F) the string " !" (blank+exclamation mark), or " !"(blank+blank+exclamation mark).
But please note that:
- It is possible to search "!" (without blank before), or " !" (with 3 blanks before).
- It is possible to search these strings making a copy-paste (only typing seems to be forbidden).
- This behaviour does not exist in "Find in files" function.

I hope it is not too late before the RC delivery!

E.
entropie

Postby Karlis » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Will solve 1) in the next build, but could not reproduce 2) at all. It might be related to your search history box contents.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby MikeyB » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:07 pm

[quote="entropie"]2) It is impossible to type in "search for:" field of "Find" function (Ctrl+F) the string " !" (blank+exclamation mark), or " !"(blank+blank+exclamation mark).
But please note that:
- It is possible to search "!" (without blank before), or " !" (with 3 blanks before).
- It is possible to search these strings making a copy-paste (only typing seems to be forbidden).
- This behaviour does not exist in "Find in files" function.
[/quote]

I've had the same problem in WeBuilder 2011, but with searching for spaces & double-quotes or single-quotes.
I believe it's related to the search history as Karlis said, because after a while when it is no longer in the search history it again works fine.
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby entropie » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:09 pm

OK, thanks. Bug still there, not related to my history (which is totally empty since the last installation).
But a bypass, typing first "!", and then going back from one char, and then typing " "... works ! ;-)
Strange...
entropie

Previous

Return to Announcements