Easily bypass program protector

Post your questions and problem reports here

Easily bypass program protector

Postby jmoonen » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:43 pm

When a program is protected by program protector you can easily bypass the protection.
Let’s say mirc.exe or outlook.exe is in the program protector protected with a password. When you normally start the program it ask for a password this is what the program is made for, but when you click right on mirc.exe or outlook.exe en choose "run as administrator" the whole program protector is bypassed and the programs starts without asking for any password.

Can this be fixed a.s.a.p.

Running on Windws 7 PRO ( 64 bits ).
jmoonen

Re: Easily bypass program protector

Postby Gatis » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:26 am

Hi,

You must not give administrator privileges on your computer to anybody you are trying to limit somehow on your computer.
This is true for any software product, I guess. If somebody has administrator privileges, then he can do ANYTHING.

Kind regards,
Gatis
Kind regards,
Gatis Avots
Gatis
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby jmoonen » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:37 am

In our case that's not possible.
In our ICT company we have three technical employees that have administrator rights because they need to test software for clients. If one of them steps behind my pc they can access everything with should be protected. The only thing I can do right now is lock down the pc when I leave.
jmoonen

Postby MikeyB » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:01 am

jmoonen wrote:The only thing I can do right now is lock down the pc when I leave.

Which you should do anyway, I automatically lock the PC when I go away from my desk.
But then admins can unlock it anyway (on XP at least), that's the point of having admins they can do these sort of things, they have admin rights.
But also you should be able to trust your admins not to do anything they shouldn't.
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Return to Program Protector Support