Admn password...

Post your questions and problem reports here

Admn password...

Postby Bujo » Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:01 pm

We purchased Program Protector to limit access to the Web via IE. It does a great job at that. We have a situation here where "approved" users may need to access the web from a PC other than their own. Is there a way to have more than one password, on a single PC, run the protected application. Could the "Administrator" password be set up to override or change any existing passwords for a protected program ? We have people that could very possibly forget their passwords. Un-installing Program Protector does not eliminate the password....GOOD thing, but the Administrator password does'nt allow you to change a forgotten password. What are our options ??. Is un-installing the protected application the way to "erase" the forgotten password ?......HELP
Bujo

Postby Karlis » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:13 am

1) Program Protector does not support multiple users. Probably if there will be demand on this feature, we will consider including it in the next version. If anybody else needs this feature, please post it as suggestion.

2) You can not restore passwords by uninstalling program protector. If this could be done, then there would not be any use of protecting anything, because anyone could remove protection easily. If you have problems resetting password, please contact us directly.
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Janne58 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:30 pm

I have the same problem.
Please how can a fix it
Janne58

Postby Karlis » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:36 pm

If you are registered user, please contact us directly and include info about what password have you forgotten program's password or Program Protector Admin password.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Janne58 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:05 pm

Karlis wrote:If you are registered user, please contact us directly and include info about what password have you forgotten program's password or Program Protector Admin password.

I have forgotten the passwors for the program.
I try to uninstall the prgram protect software but the program still is protected. How can i remow the protection.
Janne58

Postby Karlis » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:28 pm

Please contact us directly via our support page.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Program Protector Support