New Monetization Methods - Feature Requests

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of Screensaver Factory

New Monetization Methods - Feature Requests

Postby bitwise » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:12 pm

I've been thinking about ways folks can monetize their screensavers better. I think I've found a few good ideas:

1) When the screensaver is playing, it can show random banner ads from some html code we add into the Screensaver Factory application. Ads can be top, bottom, left, right, etc. They can be of different sizes, whatever the code size is. Perhaps the ads can slide in and out. Make them clickable. Show at intervals we input, such as show an ad every x minutes for x amount of time. The ad can be a rotating ad code from our own server, or it can be code showing just one ad. I think you get the idea.

This would be great for showing ads from a CPM network such as Casale or Fastclick. They pay per impression. There are plenty of ad networks to choose from, and I think this would be a very unique and prosperous way to earn revenue from screensavers.

2) The open web page on exit is a great feature, but it'd be even better if we can say how often we'd like it to open up. Every single time is too many, but if there was some kind of way to make it so it only opens up every 5th time, or every 10th time, or whatever we choose to put in it, that'd be great. Also, it'd be great if we can choose the size of the popup window, so it doesn't open up full screen. It would be imperative for the end user to be able to turn this feature off in the screensaver settings area.

3) The exit banner is a great feature, too, but it would be even better if we could show some kind of html popup which would display a banner we have hosted on our site or with an affiliate company, etc. It'd also be nice if we can make it go away on it's own after x amount of time and not be so in their face. This feature would also be nice if we can make it show every 5th time, or 10th time, or whatever # we input into it. It would be very good for the end user to be able to turn this feature off in the screensaver settings area.

4) If we could make screensavers that were html files based off a website, or embedded, we can do a lot with that, too. What I mean is, I can create an html page with my flash file embedded in it, then it can display banner ads, do popups, slide-ins, newsletter code, etc. The html / flash file would BE the screensaver content. Perhaps it can be hosted on a site, or an .MHT file that has everything embedded in it.

Whatcha'll think?
bitwise

Return to Screensaver Factory Feature Requests