HTTP and specific port traffic issue

Post your questions and problem reports here

HTTP and specific port traffic issue

Postby pkzone » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:48 pm

I'm currently testing iNet Protector and found a problem I'm hoping can be easily solved. When I disable all HTTP port 80 traffic (web browsing) it also affects other processes that are running over HTTP but on a different port. I have a web based application that uses port 8088 but when iNet Protector is turned on no traffic is allowed to/from this application. I'm wondering if there is a way to set iNet Protector to allow this HTTP traffic on the specified port 8088 but still blocking all Port 80/443 traffic. I have tried creating several policies under Allowed Programs, Allowed Sites, Allowed Services and so on, but nothing seems to work.

Thanks for any hints....

PK
pkzone

Re: HTTP and specific port traffic issue

Postby Aivars » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:34 pm

We used to have a bug with port exceptions which was fixed in latest version (4.04). Please download it from http://www.blumentals.net/inetprot/download.php.

If you still get the program using port 8080 blocked, use iNet Protector's Learning Mode window (Settings > Allowed Sites > Auto Detect) to see what ports and IP addresses are accessed by the program. Maybe it's not just 8080.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to iNet Protector Support