Awesome software !

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of Easy Button & Menu Maker

Awesome software !

Postby wmtipton » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:27 am

Just purchased EB&MM last night (just found it) because for months now we've needed something to do nice navbars with.
The simplicity, yet features are remarkable. Well worth the price !
wmtipton

Re: Awesome software !

Postby wmtipton » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:58 pm

Also wanted to say that I found it pretty cool that the generated html file actually validated XHTML Transitional.
There were two errors with Strict, but thats pretty darned good.
The other software I was using to build webpages that did the menu for me would have a dozen errors minimum for just about any doctype used.
:)
wmtipton

Postby bleau » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:52 am

Agreed, it's an awesome menu program and validates CSS but there's more to life than validation. Validation is way down on the list of most web designers other than the code heads which are a minority also. No pun intended, it's just the way is. :mrgreen:
Blumentals is on 90% of my sites I manage with more to come. The more I use it I find more ways to change it and make it even more awesome.
Happy Holidays Everyone! and let's all try to have a safe one.
bleau

Postby reneuend » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:02 pm

I said this before also. but I just have to reiterate, "It's AWESOME!!!". I use it as often as I can. I'm even trying it on a Sharepoint site now! (fingers crossed)
reneuend

Postby Aivars » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:05 pm

reneuend wrote:I'm even trying it on a Sharepoint site now! (fingers crossed)

Do let me know if you succeed and if/what gotchas are there. We haven't tested it on Sharepoint and I would love to know if it works.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby reneuend » Wed May 18, 2011 4:47 pm

I can't believe I forgot to update you on this!!!! Yes! It worked like a charm. I became a champion and got a lot of 'thattaboys" from it!!! :D

I created several custom buttons each with several submenu items. This was used to filter a list that was under the buttons. It looked very complex, but actually it was extremely simple. I added the "Easy Button & Menu Maker" code in a custom webpart and put the javascript files in a common script folder so it could be referenced. I had no issues whatsoever. NONE!

Thanks Blumentals!
reneuend

Postby wmtipton » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:57 pm

bleau wrote:Agreed, it's an awesome menu program and validates CSS but there's more to life than validation. Validation is way down on the list of most web designers other than the code heads which are a minority also. No pun intended, it's just the way is. :mrgreen:
Blumentals is on 90% of my sites I manage with more to come. The more I use it I find more ways to change it and make it even more awesome.
Happy Holidays Everyone! and let's all try to have a safe one.

Definitely agree with the validation thing.
I only really check it because if it validates now its going to be web compatible for a long, long time most likely :)
My sites rarely validate entirely because Ive always put stuff I like into the pages that I already know isnt going to validate, but my clients want it. I'll worry about changing it when the browsers stop supporting things.
:)
wmtipton

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Feature Requests