WeBuilder making automatic .bak files. How to stop this?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

WeBuilder making automatic .bak files. How to stop this?

Postby trishahdee » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:33 am

I just had to rebuild my system and reinstall WeBuilder. It is now creating automatic filename.php.bak files. I can not find the setting to stop this behavior. Please help.
"It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world was what it should be, to show it what it can be." ~ Angel, Season 4, Episode 67, "Deep Down"
trishahdee

Re: WeBuilder making automatic .bak files. How to stop this

Postby trishahdee » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:51 pm

Please, can anyone help me with this? I've looked through the options and preferences multiple times and can not figure out how to stop this behavior. I would appreciate your help.
"It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world was what it should be, to show it what it can be." ~ Angel, Season 4, Episode 67, "Deep Down"
trishahdee

Postby Aivars » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:30 am

Go to menu Options -> Preferences -> Files -> Backups. Uncheck "Create file backups on save".
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby trishahdee » Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:07 pm

Yep. That did it :D I had looked at that setting but it looked like it was making backup copies to another folder so I didn't think it also functioned to create those .bak files. Live and Learn :D Thank you!
trishahdee

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support