Freezing and crashing seem related to quotes

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Freezing and crashing seem related to quotes

Postby sootsnoot » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:36 pm

Long-time user of RapidPHP since version 10, now running 17.7.0.248.

I've been encountering freezes and crashes way too often, and have let the little "seems to be frozen" dialog box submit reports for me a couple of times. For a while, the behavior seemed to be random, but I've noticed that a common trigger seems to be the use of quotes. Especially when changing quote style from single to double, or vice-versa. When typing linearly, a single or double quote normally inserts the matching closing quote automatically right away, which is fine. But if I realize that the context requires the other kind of quote, I haven't been able to figure out a way to get that done without risking the likelihood of having the editor becoming unresponsive for a while, or worse yet, bringing up the "seems to be frozen" dialog, which usually works, but sometimes doesn't. Maybe I can just get in the habit of cutting the part inside the quotes, changing the type of quote, and then pasting the contents back in. I haven't actually tried that yet, but maybe it will help. If this is a common problem, perhaps you could add a tool to change quote types. It is just so frustrating to be working on my code and suddenly get blocked with the editor becoming unresponsive. Back in the old days, when computers would hang or crash randomly, we would call it "the pause that refreshes". :mrgreen:
sootsnoot

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support