SQL Error: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost'...

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

SQL Error: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost'...

Postby jPaul » Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:41 pm

Hi Everybody,

I'm using Rapid PHP 2022 (17.7.0.248) and juss beginning to experiment with an MySQL database.
I created a database with WAMP PHPMyAdmin

I used View > SQL Explorer and created a new connection

Label: GuestList
Type: MySQL
Port: 3306
username: root
Password: null
Database: users

However, when I double-click the GuestList icon in the SQL Explorer I receive an error:

SQL Error: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

Can someone direct me to documentation to resolve this, or even suggest a solution?
Many Thanks,

Paul
jPaul

Re: SQL Error: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost

Postby Davidmenk3 » Thu May 23, 2024 10:14 am

jPaul wrote:Hi Everybody,

I'm using Rapid PHP 2022 (17.7.0.248) and juss beginning to experiment with an MySQL database.
I created a database with WAMP PHPMyAdmin

I used View > SQL Explorer and created a new connection

Label: GuestList
Type: MySQL
Port: 3306
username: root
Password: null
Database: users

However, when I double-click the GuestList icon in the SQL Explorer I receive an error:

SQL Error: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

Can someone direct me to documentation to resolve this, or even suggest a solution?

Hi,

It sounds like your MySQL server might not be running. Here are a few steps to help you resolve this:

Check if MySQL is running: Open WAMP and ensure the MySQL service is started. The WAMP icon should be green.
Verify port and firewall: Make sure port 3306 is open and not blocked by your firewall.
Correct connection settings: Double-check your connection settings in Rapid PHP. Ensure 'localhost' and port 3306 are correct.
For documentation, you can look at MySQL Connection Documentation.

If you continue to face issues, you might want to consider comparing MySQL vs Maria DB, as some users find MariaDB to be more user-friendly and compatible with their setups.

Hope this helps!
Davidmenk3

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support