Webuilder slow start

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Webuilder slow start

Postby stusek » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:50 pm

Hello,
I have problem with slow start of Webuilder 2022 (17.7.0.248). Very often Webuilder starts more than one minute. Process of the program is running immediately, but the window is showed after one minute or later. Sometimes is editor opened faster.
How can I slove this issue? It's terrible to use this app for work now.

Thank you for help
Pavel
stusek

Re: Webuilder slow start

Postby chrisjlocke » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:06 pm

Does WeBuilder try and open the last document? If so, is this on a network location that is no longer available?
This usually happens if WeBuilder is trying to find a file or location but is just timing out.
Do you know much about the registry? You could try renaming the settings leg in the registry to rule out a bad location.
You can use a third party program called WhatIsHang which determines why a program has hung.
When waiting for WeBuilder to start, does it show in task manager, or in task manager as 'not responding' ?
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby stusek » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:21 pm

Thank you for answer.

Here is the WhatIsHang report: https://webshare.cz/#/file/pvrXUNWDOF/whatishang-webuilder-log

You could try renaming the settings leg in the registry to rule out a bad location.: Settings are store here \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Karlis Blumentals\WeBuilder. What exactly I have to rename? Whole "Karlis Blumentals" key or some subkey?

When waiting for WeBuilder to start, does it show in task manager, or in task manager as 'not responding' ?:
Yes. The process of application is show in task mamanger...
stusek

Postby chrisjlocke » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:21 pm

> What exactly I have to rename?

Renaming the Karlis Blumentals key or the sub-key would do the same thing - it would mean WeBuilder wouldn't be able to find its settings, so as long as you know what you renamed, it should work.

That whatIsHang report would suggest its looking on the H drive for a file? Is that a network location? Is it available?
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby stusek » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:56 pm

chrisjlocke wrote:> What exactly I have to rename?

Renaming the Karlis Blumentals key or the sub-key would do the same thing - it would mean WeBuilder wouldn't be able to find its settings, so as long as you know what you renamed, it should work.

That whatIsHang report would suggest its looking on the H drive for a file? Is that a network location? Is it available?

Hello,
thank you for answer.

Yes, I have disk H, but disk is avalible only sometimes. Checked program history and I don't see file located on disk H.
I searched in registry too (\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Karlis Blumentals\WeBuilder), with the same result - no file on disk H...
stusek

Postby Aivars » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:16 pm

Few ideas for what might be causing this:
- File explorer is trying to read the nonexisting disk (close File Explorer and then try to restart WeBuilder)
- WeBuilder is trying to reopen previous files that might be located on now nonexisting disk (close all files and then try to restart WeBuilder)
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support