HTMLPad preview not working

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

HTMLPad preview not working

Postby madhg » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:40 pm

HTMLpad v.15.5, Win 10.

Sometimes preview works OK, sometimes full-screen preview works but vertical-split doesn't. Sometimes the preview doesn't appear, then the app crashes.

The crash happens on a page including a form for signing up to mailChimp.

Code: Select all
<div  id="mc_embed_signup">

<form action="https://bristolearlymusicfestival.us3.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=d807e1bd222cf7d958182b48a&amp;id=1868bc8869" method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank" novalidate>

<div id="mc_embed_signup_scroll" style="max-width:500px; margin:auto">

<div class="mc-field-group">
    <label for="mce-EMAIL">Email Address (required)
</label>
    <input type="email" value="" name="EMAIL" class="required email" id="mce-EMAIL">
</div>
    <label for="mce-FNAME">First Name</label>
    <input type="text" value="" name="FNAME" class="" id="mce-FNAME">
</div>
    <label for="mce-LNAME">Last Name </label>
    <input type="text" value="" name="LNAME" class="" id="mce-LNAME">
</div>
<div id="mce-responses" class="clear">
        <div class="response" id="mce-error-response" style="display:none"></div>
        <div class="response" id="mce-success-response" style="display:none"></div>
    </div>    <!-- real people should not fill this in and expect good things - do not remove this or risk form bot signups-->
    <div style="position: absolute; left: -5000px;" aria-hidden="true"><input type="text" name="b_d807e1bd222cf7d958182b48a_1868bc8869" tabindex="-1" value=""></div>
    <div class="clear"><center><input type="submit" value="Subscribe" name="subscribe" id="mc-embedded-subscribe" class="button"></div>
    </div>
</form>
</div>
<script type='text/javascript' src='//s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.mailchimp.com/js/mc-validate.js'></script><script type='text/javascript'>
(function($) {window.fnames = new Array(); window.ftypes = new Array();fnames[0]='EMAIL';ftypes[0]='email';fnames[1]='FNAME';ftypes[1]='text';fnames[2]='LNAME';ftypes[2]='text';fnames[3]='ADDRESS';ftypes[3]='address';fnames[4]='PHONE';ftypes[4]='phone';fnames[5]='BIRTHDAY';ftypes[5]='birthday';}(jQuery));var $mcj = jQuery.noConflict(true);</script>
<!--End mc_embed_signup-->

This was copied from the Mailchimp website. I don't know anything about java scripting and almost nothing about forms. When I put the page online it works perfectly.

If I cut the code above out of the page, HTMLPad shows the preview without problems.

Any ideas for solving this?
madhg

Re: HTMLPad preview not working

Postby madhg » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:19 pm

No, I haven't found an answer. But I've not needed to insert scripts recently, and anyway I can live with the problem.
madhg

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support