Proper method for updating to new build

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Proper method for updating to new build

Postby reneuend » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:24 pm

I am using Webuilder 2020 Ver. 16.2.0.229
There is a new build available .231
I want the update, but do I have to uninstall my current Webuilder? or does the install program handle the update. I definitely don't want 2 copies of the application.
reneuend

Re: Proper method for updating to new build

Postby chrisjlocke » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:35 pm

The update should uninstall the previous version as part of the process - its all handled 'automatically' as part of the MSI install wrapper.
Settings are not deleted, so nothing should get lost during the update.
However, as with all things, take backups of your settings, etc, (which you should be doing regularly anyway) - just in case.
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support