HTMLPAD

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

HTMLPAD

Postby Ameigh25 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:52 pm

htlpad version 16.3.0.231
Manage Layout: I have the File Manager and other options from "View" activated in my layout and moved the box to the size I desire it in width. I save such in the Manage Layout. It creates such fine. However, when I minimize the program and re-maximize it to continue working on my current file that is loaded into HTMLPAD Code Editor or Previews, it shrinks the pinned box to about an inch wide which is irritating. I have to resize the box holding File Manager, Inspector, etc to be able to use it. As I often minimize and maximize it becomes cumbersome. How do I get the box to remain the same size. It is pinned and saved in Manage Layouts and is Activated as the layout in use. This problem arose after the latest update.
Ameigh25

Re: HTMLPAD

Postby chrisjlocke » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:56 pm

Is it always when you minimise? Normal Alt+Tab is fine? Silly question, but do you have to minimise? I usually have one application 'full-screen' at any one point, so have no need to minimise.
If you do, rather than resizing all the windows again, can you reload the layout? Does this resize all the windows for you?
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby Ameigh25 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:26 pm

I use the program for my websites creations and swing back and forth from online sites to the html pad coding -- posting links to my site if need be. When minimizing, I usually use the button "-" at the top right of the screen. It does not matter if it is only one minimize or several as it always does not hold its layout of the windows on the left of the screen [where I have them displayed]. The unpinned menus that hide on the left of the program work fine. However, I like to pin the layout of the menus displayed that I selected from the "View" tab.

Also, swing back and forth to my snippet program that I like to use. I also use the CSS program for validation so swing back and forth from programs to programs that I am using. Also use a text editor as I am collating history of various local areas into an excerpt with links as well as maps that I get from bing or google.

The program htmlpad is great otherwise as far as I know. I am sure that I have not used all of its options as I use an external ftp program. I have used htmlpad for years and years.
Ameigh25

Postby Ameigh25 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:27 pm

By the way I am 75 and don't use all the short cuts to utilize options of the program as young people do. I use the buttons and such instead. We old people have to deal with hand and eye coordination that young people do not.
Ameigh25

Postby Ameigh25 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:29 pm

I just tried the alt/tab and it held the layout I activitated. It seems to be when the window "-" button is used.
Ameigh25

Postby vicky388 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:46 am

I am also having issues with resizing and have no idea how to keep them at default sizes, even though I have changed the layout, it doesn't work and they get changed every time.
https://t.me/pump_upp
vicky388

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support