curly quotes/apostrophes

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

curly quotes/apostrophes

Postby ChipW » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:02 pm

How can I change the curly quotes/apostrophes used in RapidPHP from the MS Word style curly ones to the standard straight versions (I was able to do this in MS Word)?

RapidPHP v. 16.1.0.227
ChipW

Re: curly quotes/apostrophes

Postby chrisjlocke » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:55 am

Do you mean when you enter them normally, or if you paste them in from another source?
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby ChipW » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:30 pm

When I enter them normally, in the HTML code, they are in the form of those stupid curly quotes.

New info, I closed and reopened the program and started a new file and the quotes are the correct straight quotes. I repeated the process a couple times. Why one doc has the curly quotes is beyond me. But, whatever caused it doesn't seem to be reoccurring.

This entire thread should be deleted.
ChipW

Postby chrisjlocke » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:58 pm

This entire thread should be deleted

I'll keep it here as it may help someone else.
Glad you got it sorted. Would be interesting to know if you open the original file and it appears again - might be something in the document.
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby ChipW » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:11 am

I don't know what happened that one time that those curly quotes were in the text, but I did reopen the same file from within Filezilla and the quotes are straight quotes. I then opened two other files and the quotes are all straight quotes. Those curly quotes are the, or one of the, banes of MS Word. Anyway, the file I opened had never been opened in Word (I've never used Word for html/php or any code work), it was originally created in RapidPHP and always edited in RapidPHP. When I first found them I noticed them because the web page view showed the little diamond indicator when there is a symbol not handled correctly.
ChipW

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support