Some CSS properties are not properly highlighted

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Some CSS properties are not properly highlighted

Postby midipixel » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:54 am

Hey folks,

I just upgraded to Rapid PHP 17.1.0.241 and noticed that this 2022 release doesn't yet contemplate some modern (but not cutting edge) CSS properties in the syntax highlight rules.

Here are some that I noticed are not being properly highlighted (which is to say they're being highlighted in red as invalid properties):

gap and row-gap. (column-gap is fine)
object-fit and object-position.

I don't know if there are other properties that haven't been updated, but I think it's fair to ask that this release contemplates every property already supported by every major browser.

Thanks for keep working on this awesome product, guys!
midipixel

Re: Some CSS properties are not properly highlighted

Postby Hans Meiser » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:50 pm

I'd like to add that prefixes still display as error like:
-webkit
-moz
-o
-ms

Also "filter" is a "error", too, but c'mon ... since when is "filter" widely supported by all browsers ... ? 2016 ... ?

Any chance to correct this at least manually somewhere?

Overall great work with this new update, thanks.
Hans Meiser

Postby midipixel » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:03 pm

Found another one:

text-decoration-color
midipixel

Postby Hans Meiser » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:48 am

Still no answer to the question Any chance to correct this at least manually somewhere? ... ?
Hans Meiser

Postby Aivars » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:20 pm

A number of new CSS properties will be added in the next update which is about to be released.

You can add your own CSS properties by modifying <Installation folder>\data\cssdefs\CSS Actual.ini file.
In most cases the folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Rapid PHP 2022\data\cssdefs\
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Hans Meiser » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:32 pm

Perfect! Will do the update, thanks!

Edit:
I added some properties to the suggested file, but after re-starting RapidPHP and opening a .css file with those properties in it, they are still marked as "error". Any suggestions about that? Does it need a special format (I left a blank line after the original list to tell where my additional properties are).
Hans Meiser

Postby Hans Meiser » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:34 am

Still no reply ... what's going on? :cry:
Hans Meiser

Postby Hans Meiser » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:40 pm

*bump*
Hans Meiser

Postby Hans Meiser » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:35 am

What's up guys? Why do you ignore my question for so long ... ? Isn't there any support for paying customers anymore ... ?
Hans Meiser

Postby Aivars » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:59 am

Hans, I would recommend you to contact support for answers. We are monitoring forums for suggestions/bugs to fix, bet for specific answers use https://www.rapidphpeditor.com/support-contact.php
If you want to add your custom CSS properties, make sure you comply with the configuration format exactly. The property appears in property list and also its behavior is configured in the file as section. It's easier to pick another similar property, look for all instances in the file and use that as an example.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Hans Meiser » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:41 pm

Aivars wrote:Hans, I would recommend you to contact support for answers. We are monitoring forums for suggestions/bugs to fix, bet for specific answers use https://www.rapidphpeditor.com/support-contact.php

Then I suggest you immediatly delete the word "support" from ervery forums title that's use it, as this is then strongly misleading. Thanks.
Aivars wrote:If you want to add your custom CSS properties, make sure you comply with the configuration format exactly. The property appears in property list and also its behavior is configured in the file as section. It's easier to pick another similar property, look for all instances in the file and use that as an example.

I will revisit this again, thanks.
Hans Meiser

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support