Question on editing the css code and Preview

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Question on editing the css code and Preview

Postby davidhelp » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:15 am

Only the inline css tags are seen in the Code Explorer> CSS tab
When the html file has a external css file <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="demo.css"> the CSS tab is empty.

When you open the html file should it also display the external css file?
I remember Dreamweaver CS6 would do this.

It makes it easy to edit the html & css files and see the preview of the webpage.
Example I have the html file open and V-Split Preview and I click on the HTML tab in the Code Explorer and as I edit the html and text I can see the result right away in the preview.

Is it possible to do the same with the css file?

HTMLPad 2020 & 2022
davidhelp

Re: Question on editing the css code and Preview

Postby Aivars » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:17 am

You can open the CSS file (e.g. demo.css), click Preview tab and instead of "Generate preview file" use the HTML file that you are working with. Use button "Open custom preview file" to browse for the file.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Question on editing the css code and Preview

Postby davidhelp » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:56 am

I am using HTMLPad 2022
I do not see a button "Open custom preview file"
davidhelp

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support