Edit basic templates

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Edit basic templates

Postby jPaul » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:50 pm

Hi Everybody,

When I select File > New > and then choose anyone of the several templates, I'll create a new tab usually called "Untitled .htm" or "Untitled.css". It will display a pretty basic starting point.
I want to edit the templates used to provide these basic starting points to include timestamps and authorships, and anything else I may want to include.
For example, the basic HTML page is:
Code: Select all
<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>
<head>
  <title>Untitled</title>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

I want to edit all the Rapid PHP templates so that they will reflect:
Code: Select all
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1">
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <meta name="generator" content="My Name">
    <meta name="generator" content="the web-site URL">
    <meta name="created" content="%timestamp%">
    <meta name="description" content="">
    <meta name="keywords" content="">
    <title></title>
  </head>
  <body>
  </body>
</html>

Where do I find these templates, and is a simple Edit & Save enough to accomplish this?
Many Thanks,

Paul
jPaul

Re: Edit basic templates

Postby davidhelp » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:28 am

I found the templates from File> New from Template located here:
C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Blumentals\HTMLPad\templates

You have to do the following to view AppData. You may have to close and reopen the folder afterward.
Open Control Panel > File Explorer Options (win10) or Folder Options (win7).
Select View > Show hidden files, folders and drives > Apply > OK.
Go to C:\users\yourname, where "yourname" is your Windows profile ID, to see the files in the AppData folder.

Edit them how you want. You can use HTMLPad and save to the same location. Make a backup in case you reinstall the software or Windows or get a new pc.

I do not use Rapid PHP but I suspect the templates are located in the same AppDate> Roaming> Blumentals folder.
davidhelp

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support