How to navigate through code?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

How to navigate through code?

Postby stiffneck » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:51 pm

This applies to Rapid PHP 2020 ver 16.3 , but also to Rapid PHP 2022 that I have just downloaded.

Love the program but there are a couple of things that I don't know how to do (or maybe they can't be done.
Can anyone help?

1) Right clicking a function call shows a context menu including 'Find definition'. Very handy. Can I do the reverse? ie click on a function definition and get a list of everywhere it is called (without separately using the 'Find' tool).

2) I attempted a workaround to (1) above by using 'customise context menu' and dragging the 'find' command into the submenu editor window that appeared, placing it under the 'find definition' command. I can see it in the sub menu edit window, even if I exit the customise and go back into it again but I cannot se that command if I select a function name and right click. How do I customise the context menu so I can see the customisation?

3) due to eyesight issues I have the editor font set at 12 or 14 point. Is there any way to increase the font size of the code explorer or file explorer as the fonts they use is quite small.

4) I can see the tiny view of all your code on the right hand side (in Rapid PHP 2022)has its uses (can't remember what its called) but is there a way to turn it off as it does take up space in the editor window, especially when the monitor is in portrait, so is tall but not very wide.
stiffneck

Re: How to navigate through code?

Postby Aivars » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:12 am

1) 2) Your customization should have worked, I just tested it to make sure. Could you please do it again and make a video that demonstrates all the steps you did?
3) These fonts will adapt to Windows Display Scale configured in Windows Display Settings
4) You can right-click and uncheck it or via menu Options -> Show Minimap
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support