HTMLPad 2022 Ruler is off by 6 pixels

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

HTMLPad 2022 Ruler is off by 6 pixels

Postby davidhelp » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:57 am

HTMLPad 2022 ver 17.4 (17.4.0.245)

The ruler along the top is off by 6 pixels from the left. See screenshot.
Questions: Why is there a gap for the ruler? How to zero it out so it is all the way to left corner?
http://davidswebsite.com/htmlpad/ruler.png

Body with a blue background and a container div with a white background.
A margin: 6px; will get the border of a container to 0 on the ruler.

A margin: 0px will get the border all the way to the left side but the 0 line shows a 6px space.

Here from the HTMLPad website it shows the ruler correctly.
https://www.htmlpad.net/images/highligh ... -tools.png
davidhelp

Re: HTMLPad 2022 Ruler is off by 6 pixels

Postby davidhelp » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:41 am

I did a new install of the latest version 17.5 (17.5.0.246) from scratch. I have Windows 7 Pro 64bit. The same issue came up.
I uninstall and deleted all instance of the program or so I thought I did.
Did a search on HTMLPad and Blumentals and deleted any instance and restarted the pc.
If HTMLPad after a new install asks to restore past session then you missed something. It did not in my case and went thru the setup and asked to activate and I added my license.

However in a VirtualPC install of Windows 7 Home I installed HTMLPad 2022 and it looks correct.....
Why the ruler is off on my pc but correct in a virtual window of windows 7 I do not know.

Here is a screenshot showing the ruler now looking correct when I installed in a VirtualPC install of Windows 7 Home.
http://davidswebsite.com/htmlpad/new_install_fix.jpg
davidhelp

Re: HTMLPad 2022 Ruler is off by 6 pixels

Postby davidhelp » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:44 am

I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro and then the latest HTMLPad 2022 and the ruler is still off as before.
Only the top horizontal ruler is off.... hmm...
davidhelp

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support