Digital Signature

Post your questions and problem reports here

Digital Signature

Postby nemysys » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:32 pm

Hi Guys

Very impressed with Screensaver, however it is impossible to distribute with out a digital signature.

Current security software does not allow a software programme to load with out a digital signature.

Advice please.

disappointed in this aspect - I feel it has been glossed over with no explanation.

Paul Ashbury
nemysys

Re: Digital Signature

Postby Aivars » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:16 pm

There are lots of various digital signature providers with different pricing and license terms. What you need to do is find a digital signature provider that is suitable for you, go through the verification process and sign the screensaver or screensaver setup file just like you would sign any other executable. This process cannot be automated by us because you are the signer and thus the agreement is directly between you and the digital signature provider.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby nemysys » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:47 pm

Thanks for the info...

You might want to expand and suggest some solution providers...?

Paul
nemysys

Postby Aivars » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:18 pm

Probably the biggest one is this: http://www.symantec.com/code-signing
I'm sorry but I'm not well enough informed about digital signing to give you exact steps. All I know for sure is that you can sign the screensaver setup and it will work. The details about how to acquire the certificate and how to sign the executable should be documented in the digital certificate (e.g. Symantec) website or you can probably ask their support.
Aivars

Postby nemysys » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:18 am

Hi

But where does it get signed... there is no 'page' in the software for the information to go...?

"All I know for sure is that you can sign the screensaver setup and it will work" Where does this take place...?

Or am I missing something...?

Paul Ashbury
nemysys

Postby Aivars » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:25 am

Digital signing is an unrelated service, just like e.g. hosting or marketing. Here's some more information on signing the executables: http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2010/03/mic ... ignatures/
If you don't have signtool.exe on your system you will need to download Windows SDK from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8279
Aivars

Postby Flores559 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:58 am

nemysys wrote:Hi Guys

Very impressed with Screensaver, however it is impossible to distribute with out a digital signature.

Current security software does not allow a software programme to load FaceTime with out a digital signature.

Advice please.

disappointed in this aspect - I feel it has been glossed over with no explanation.

Paul Ashbury

Often used in conjunction with a local CA server. At a previous corp, all users had a unique cert created automagically for both user and machine.. (machine certs are great for 802.1x, and VPN access) and auditable.
Flores559

Return to Screensaver Factory Support