Problems with swf file

Post your questions and problem reports here

Problems with swf file

Postby morristk » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:40 pm

I have created a screensaver using a swf file. In the preview the screensaver works perfectly. When I create the screensaver and install it, the only thing it does is flashes the first frame at me repeatedly as well as reduces the size. I've tried using older versions of Flash to create it and it is doing the same thing.

:?: :?: :?: :?:
morristk

Postby Karlis » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:26 pm

Please try the following - add your flash file to an empty screensaver project and then create screensaver. does it improve the situation?

If not, can you please send us the flash file to software[at]latnet.lv It looks that this has something to do with either flash or your particular computer config.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Having same problem

Postby ajfern » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:23 am

I am having exactly the same problem, did you find a resolution to this problem?

Thanks

Anthony
ajfern

Postby pansomon » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:55 pm

I also seem to be having the same problem.
But the problem occurs under user rights (and the rights are quite limited in the system). When installing the saver in my own computer, it works fine. But when trying to install it as "user" in the system networks, it just hangs at the first screen.

However, last year a screensaver was also made with SF and it worked fine in the same system and under user rights. What might be the problem and how to counter it?

I hope you can help me!
pansomon

Postby desk2web » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:54 pm

I'm trying out this software ready to fire it out to my clients, but I am having exactly the same problem, produce the swf file, looks perfect in the preview, but when I create and install the screensaver it does the irritating blinking thing, and resizes itself too boot!

This software looks exactly what I am looking for, but without being able to work this out I am not sure if I will be sticking with it :-(

Help!
desk2web

update on the problem

Postby pansomon » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:20 am

Hi,

An update on the problem... The problem is, SSF exctracts the flash info windosw/temp folder. But in our system it is forbidden to run executables from windows/temp under "user" level. Instead, running programs in user-level it should be done in %TEMP% folder.
---edit---
or in user's profile folder or some place similar, where the user has access.
---edit---

Is it possible to specify that folder somewhere in SSF? What could be the reason, if last year it worked (though i didn't make it, so maybe an older version of SSF was used - could it be the reason?) but now it doesnt?

kind regards,
panso
pansomon

Postby Karlis » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:45 pm

We will be looking into this problem with the next update. Since this does not happen for most users, we did not have enough info to solve this problem. Now we do have.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby bitwise » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:46 pm

Any ideas when that next update will be?

Thanks much!
bitwise

Postby Tom » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:38 pm

I just finished a screensaver using two swf files (one as an intro and one as an ending) as a presentation. I will be using it for a promo cd for my screensavers and my business.I also made a screensaver out of it and installed it. It appears to work with no problems. The program I used for the swf files is coffeecup firestarter. Don't know if it is a difference in programs making the swf files or not but I know firestarter makes compatable files for SSF.
Tom

Postby Karlis » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:47 pm

This appears to be a very specific issue. We have thousands of customers creating SWF screensavers and so far only 3 - 5 have reported this kind of SWF problems.

I hope you are using the latest possible version downloaded from our website (4.3). We are planning to release the next free update to Screensaver Factory this Spring.

Regarding the temp folder issue - it appears that this has been corrected some time ago and that currently files are stored inside the correct folder. If you believe that you have the latest version, please let me know what kind of Windows do you have... maybe you can also send me a link to your screensaver so that I can run some tests.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Karlis » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:04 pm

Ok, I did an investigation. The swf file is saved temporarily to "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\" folder. I guess you should have permission to write there because it is User's profile folder, isn't it? (Windows XP)
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support