Uninstaller Error

Post your questions and problem reports here

Uninstaller Error

Postby Joe Byrne » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:18 am

I've made a really nice autumn SS with Factory 3 Pro ver. 3.5 [registered]
I followed all the steps correctly to build my saver as a .exe with an uninstaller, so I thought. Then burned a copy to cd-r.
I loaded it into a friends pc and tried to preview it, I got an "uninstaller
error, programe will now close". Every time I try to preview I get the same error.
I opened "add and remove programs" and tried to uninstall and I got the same error. My friend is a little upset because she thinks she may start having problems with her pc.
Any one have any idea's as to what I have done wrong and how to get this saver out of my friend's computer.
Any help is appreciated. Thankyou

Joe :?: :?
Joe Byrne

Postby Karlis » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:59 pm

Joe, thank you for your post.

I just did test it and could not reproduce the problem you are describing, so this could be one of two. Either this is something specific to your screensaver (you can test this by trying the uninstall on your own PC), or there may be something not right with your friend's PC.

It would be very helpful if you could describe what kind of PC does your friend have (which Windows version).

In any case, installed screensaver (if it was made with SF Pro) can do no harm to your friend's computer at all and she can remove it by deleting the scr file and the shortcuts on Start Menu and Desktop.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support