Problems with mp3 files

Post your questions and problem reports here

Problems with mp3 files

Postby lostsoul0152 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:02 pm

:cry: When I add an mp3 file to a saver and try and preview it I get the following error in Screensaver Factory Pro "Cannot determine the device type from the given filename extension. I am absolutely positive the files are mp3. Any one have any suggestions.
lostsoul0152

Postby Karlis » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:51 pm

If this happens with all mp3 files, then it means, the problem is not in files.

Most likely the problem lies in the Windows Audio Codecs where the mp3 coodec is either not present or invalid.

I can suugest you to download and install Fraunhofer MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec from this page http://www.free-codecs.com/MPEG_Layer_3 ... wnload.htm
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

I have Problems with MP3's too..

Postby mbold » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:11 am

When I start the computer and go directly to the Screensaver, the Screensaver plays along with the song (MP3). If I try it again, the hard drive gets very busy and does NOT play the Screensaver.

Doing some troubleshooting, I figured out, if I remove the MP3s from the Music area of the Screensaver, the Screensaver runs perfectly, adding ANY MP3 file it hangs up again. In order for an MP3 to play, I have to reboot, then go into the Screensaver Factory software and preview or play the MP3 in the Sound Preview Player... after I do this just once (after a reboot), and I try and play the MP3 again, the hard drive gets busy and the screensaver does not load. When I replace the MP3 with a WAV file, it runs PERFECTLY.

I am now in the process of removing some Audio programs that were installed AFTER Screensaver Factory. First was Adobe Audition, but the problem is the same... Now I am removing Windows Media Player 11 Beta and going to reinstall Windows Media Player 10. All MP3s are associated with Windows Media Player.
mbold

I have Problems with MP3's too.. UPDATE!!

Postby mbold » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:31 am

I rolled back to Windows Media 10, and still have the same problem. Looking into the problem deeper yet, I get an Error:

" List index out of bounds (-1) "

HELP!!!
mbold

Postby chrisjlocke » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:26 am

Is the 'List index out of bounds' error reproducable - eg, if you click X, then Y and then Z it always happens? Can you document these steps?
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

I can reproduce this error

Postby mbold » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:56 am

Yes, when I click on the Music area, and in the area that WOULD display a sound file, when NOTHING is there, I don't receive an error.

However, WHEN I select an MP3 file, and ADD it and TRY TO PLAY IT in the Preview Sound, the MP3 file will NOT play and when I select the area of the area where the MP3 file is displayed, I receive the error. Not only that, my Hard Drive becomes very busy until I remove the file.

This started about 2 weeks ago. I created my first Screensaver and everything worked fine, sent it to others and works fine, works fine on the laptop, but even the screensaver I created that USES an MP3 file to play a song, does not work - the Hard Drive just gets busy like when I Preview the MP3 in ScreenSaver Factory.

Help.
mbold

Postby Karlis » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:52 pm

So does this screensaver with mp3 work fine or other computers?

I will try to look deper into this, but this is not a quickie...
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support